Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday 5 January 2018

A Kilt, A Train And A Blue Sky

Beret~Topshop/ Blouse~Zara/ Kilt~Vintage/ Shoes~Asos

If I had a penny for every time I have visited this train station, my pockets would be filled with shiny coins. There's just something about old-fashioned steam engines and how they have retired to the tracks to relax and rust. January can be a very 'meh' month, so to speak. Still in the limbo of Christmas, but with everyone slowly increasing their energy levels and achieving their resolutions. For me it is definitely a month to reflect and stroll, a lot! Winter walks are my absolute favourite. It is as if with each stride comes a new thought and for me that is the magic of this 'meh' month. So each time I myself, come back to this train station, I breathe a sigh of relief that this is where my imagination can chug along.

This kilt was a gift from my mum for Christmas, we had been searching high and low in all kinds of charity shops and vintage corners for months- but alas, all we could find were pleated ones that unfortunately were never in my size. So you can imagine how gleeful my face was when I opened this tartan treasure on Christmas morning. Although, I had no idea a piece of cotton was just making itself at home on the skirt throughout these pictures- but what can you do? :)

Next weekend my boyfriend and I are off to Paris for a couple of days, it is the first proper little holiday we have had together, so I am ever so excited to be visiting one of my favourite cities again. I haven't been since 2010, which in my head sounds like that year was five minutes ago...but actually it is nearly a decade ago. If anyone has any great recommendations of what to see or where to eat, I would absolutley love to hear them.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Lots of love always

No comments:

Post a Comment