Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 22 May 2017

Desert Dance


Hello Loves and a big warm welcome to a new week ahead...and a very sunny one at that.

Ever since I was a child I have been very interested in desert nomads, I watched a film about a year ago titled Latcho Drom, which quite literally changed my life. My parents had been banging on about it for a good few years, but it wasn't until I sat down to watch it, that I realised what all the fuss was about. To put it in a few words is very hard to do, but it is first and foremost a French documentary on gypsies from around the world. From India, Turkey, Spain and Slovakia etc, it shows the colourful and beautiful ways in which they live. From about five seconds in I was hooked and it has made my love to travel grow fonder and larger, not to mention the way it has evolved the way I dress. Now all I want to do is build a treehouse, make tea on a fire and live in an embroidered dress for the rest of my days. Oh, and maybe go back to playing the flute again.

This Afghan dress I'm wearing is a vintage piece I managed to get hold of on Ebay. The weight of it is immense, with all of the beading and sheer work that has gone into creating this, dare I say it, piece of art. I remember seeing dresses like this in National Geographic magazines and now that I have one of my own, I feel very privileged to wear it. Also spinning in this dress is an absolute dream and I am pretty sure you could fit a family of hobbits in those vast sleeves.

As I am writing this now, I am watching a lovely sunset, filled with crimson melting into the horizon. Thinking about the next time I can wear my dress and just how much I need to save up for a vintage wagon. Maybe Mondays aren't so bad after all.

Lots of love always




No comments:

Post a Comment