Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Annual Autumn Wardrobe Essentials

Autumn Staples

As the nights draw in earlier and the frosty air starts to take its first steps, it's time we start thinking about more layering and appropriate attire for the months ahead.

I thought I would share with you some bits and bobs,
that always get me through this time of year.
My essentials,
my staples.

Tartan Skirt
Skirt~Primark

Firstly, is my beloved Tartan skirt. I got this a few years back, from trusty old Primark and find myself wearing it constantly throughout the Autumn period.

 For a start, tartan as a pattern is very festive indeed.
But the fabric itself, combined with the pleats create warmth
and give the skirt a more cosy feel.



TurtleNeck Jumper
Gold glitter turtleneck~Beyond Retro

It probably goes without saying, but you can never have enough jumpers to smother yourself in when it is nippy outside. I have a really problem with getting the chills (my circulation is a complete mess), so it is imperative I keep a little less reptilian in Autumn.

Turtlenecks are a great way to warm your whole upper body.
A lot of heat is kept in your neck and your head, so it is important
to keep those bits as hot as possible.

I got this glittery number from Beyond Retro a few years back and it has been doing me a world of good ever since. 

Beret
Mustard Beret~Vintage

Okay, so I may be a bit biased when it comes to berets...as my collection of them is obscene-but they are the most important part of this list.

As I mentioned before it is super important that you keep your head warm and so why not do it in style?
Berets make every outfit just that little bit more perky and 
I am a real fan of things both practical and pretty.

 Boots
Lace-up boots~Clarks

Whether they be chunky, Chelsea, ankle or knee-high- Autumn is the perfect time to purchase a pair of good old stomping boots.

They come in handy when kicking leaves, treading carefully on icy ground or just having shoes big enough to wear over fluffy socks.

I paired my outfit with these brown lace/zip-up boots from Clarks. They seem to go with most of the earthy and mustard shades of the season and more importantly they are just so comfy!


What are your Autumn Staples?

Lots of Love

1 comment:

  1. AHHH you're so quirky and exquisite!! Your whole blog aesthetic is just so cutesy!!
    New follower and blogger here :) http://trashedvintage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete